ODC's approach is to work with organizations from within their particular context, environment and intentions.
Our services are based on three types of relationships.
- assessment of an organization's strengths and weaknesses in design competency
- education and training in design competence and related issues
- design of design competent organizations
ODC's strategies include:
- assessing design competence and blocks to design competence
- re-designing or designing an organization's structures and processes to enhance design competence
- providing workshops on systemic thinking and design
- providing formal educational and training experiences including advanced seminars
ODC's approach is grounded in the practical and theoretical understanding of design as expressed in the book "The Design Way" by Harold G. Nelson and Erik Stolterman.
Collaboration with many clients and organizations over the years include:
Boeing; Nokia; Ericsson; Microsoft; SAAB; Combitech; United Nations Development Programme; U.S. Forest Service; Sabanci University, Turkey; Ministry of Transmigration, Indonesia; University Del Mar, Chile; U.S. Dept. Of Energy; LIFE Center, U. Washington; Michigan Center for Special Needs Population; Casey Family Foundation; Banff Center for Leadership; Office of Superintendent for Public Instruction, Washington State.